Upload Android APK at PlayStore
Step 1 : First you have to Create an Android APK. To learn how to create Android Application go through http://www.itvedant.com/create-android-application.
Step 2 : Once your application is created you have to Release your APK for that the most important step is to check Application ID, Version Code and Version name which are located at build.gradle(module:app).
- Application ID : It is Assigned for First time and once it is uploaded in playstore you cannot change it and suppose you changed it then it will be consider as a New Application.
- Version Code : It must be always Updated.
- Version name : It is depend on Application Specification.
For Example : WhatsApp, Messenger.
Step 3 : To generate signed APK go to build -> Generate Signed APK
Step 4 : You have to fill following details and click Next.
Step 5 : You have to fill following details and click Ok.
Step 6 : You have to select V1 and V2 Signature Versions and then finish.
Step 7 : These was the process to generate Generate Assigned Apk successfully and click on show in explorer.
Step 8 : It will show the path of the release APK.
Step 9 : Once your Apk is generated next step is to login at PlayStore.
Step 10 : After login click on Create Application Button.
Step 11 : Select language and give appropriate title for your application.
Step 12 : Once Application Created then click on Store Presence -> Store Listing and fill information but field marked with * need to be filled before publishing.
Step 14 : Next step is Content rating for that Start New Questionnaire.
Step 15 : Go to Release Management -> App Release. There are 3 types of Testing :
- Alpha Testing
- Open Alpha Testing : Anyone can use it who has Application
- Close Alpha Testing : Only who has Email ID can use these Application.
- Beta Testing : Quantity of people are more than Alpha.
- Open Beta Testing
- Close Beta Testing
- Production : There will be full rollout. Manage Production in Production field.
Step 16 : Click on Create Release.
Step 17 : Upload APK : When you want to directly upload the APK then it will be in production.
Add APK : When you click on Add Apk it will make sure that your APK must be added in Alpha else Beta.
Step 18 : To Upload Apk you have to drop apk file else browse file.
Step 19 : And These is how APK is uploaded.
Step 20 : When you click on publish… It will display as published; But it will actually publish it when we add Pricing and Distribution in store presence.
Step 21 : Once Apk is uploaded you have insert Pricing and Distribution. And we have to keep in mind that Once Apk is free then further we cannot make it Paid and if it’s paid we can make it free.