Many ask me what is A Web Framework why do we need web frameworks ?
What exactly is a web development framework and why do we need it ?
A Web Framework is a machinery which works together to provide all the web components like database, url manager,configuration settings etc. interacting in a best known pattern.
As you will get more experienced in development you will see each language which is grown out popular has a solid web framework to support it.Here is a list of the languages and its frameworks a complete list is availaible at Wikipedia.
- Java -> Struts, Spring
- C# -> Dot Net framework, Asp.Net MVC
- PHP -> CakePHP, Zend , Symphony, Yii
- Ruby -> Ruby on Rails
Thus it has become an axiom to say Languages are incomplete without a Proper Web framework
Some features of Web Framework
- They are developed by software architects following the best design and architecture patterns , in short you have to work less.
- Frameworks means less Application Code and More Business Logic.
- Chances of Doing mistakes are very rare if followed the simple guidelines.
- Increased Performance due to built in components like caching .
- Automated tools to generate generic code snippet for CRUD operations.
I would like to add a word on two on Why do we need a web framework cant we directly code it in Core language like python, php ? Well you can but you don’t like to reinvent the wheel and the important goal of a developer is to develop things thus concentrating more on the business logic by keeping the application logic to as down as possible.But for robust application we do need a strong application code and if the framework takes this responsibility you would be mice in the cats race if you still want to work on a core language for a large project.